Tuesday 14 October 2008

Back online!

Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates over the past few weeks but it has been all go since I left the UK and started to make my way out to Ozzy land. I had a quick stopover for about 6 days in California and spent some quality time with family and friends in Bakersfield and the church there. They were putting the finishing touches onto their new church building and it was a real blessing to see so many working together through many trials with the joy of Christ! I also got to speak at their old premises on their last Sunday there before heading to the new building.

So anyway, I'm now down under, living for the next month or so at a Bible school near Melbourne. I've been having my head in the books for the last week and half and hope to be ready to take my flight conversion exams next week. With that out of the way i will then be able to concentrate on flying and preparing for the Australian flight test. Here are some pics of my new surroundings:







Some of the books I got to study. There seems to be a lot more regulations here in Australia than in the US :-(














My apartment for the next month



















The college grounds


The Cessna 206 that I need to fly for the flight test & the Coldstream airport about 15mins drive from the college

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You should feel right at home in that 206! Praying for your exams. Where those kangaroos in your backyard???

Nevster said...

i know, all that time with Thad will really have helped. Isn't God good how he plans all this stuff ahead of time. The pic of the kangaroos was taken out at the Wycliffe centre (about 20 mins from here), actually they are in a part of the world called Kangaroo Ground and there are loads of them around, just running free and jumping effortlessly over the fences. I could hear Thad's voice shouting "SHOOOOOT IITTT!"