Wednesday 9 June 2010

Can you pray for me?

Prayer points

Gerard (Yolngu believer)
- Pray for Gerard as he sets up a new camp along the beach. His vision is to mentor the youth of the area in God's ways. May God give him wisdom & strength as he puts God's word into action.

Bible Study - Pray for everyone at the Yolngu Bible study. May God teach and guide them to become more like Christ. Pray for them to go out and teach others about God.

Unity -
Pray for unity amonst the Yolngu believers here in Yirrkala. May we all keep our eyes on Jesus and not on eachother.


Kid's club - Pray for the leaders that help with this outreach. May we be a living witness to the kids teaching them how and why they should follow Jesus.

Language - I'm presently trying to expand my vocabulary of the local lingo. Pray that I can remember what I study and put into practice with the local Yolngu people. My aim is to know 200 local words by the end of the year and be able to throw a few sentences together.

Praise points

Thanks so much for those that have been praying for me. As I look back there have been so many answers to your petitions ... thank you. Some examples recently include ..

Weather - Praise God for His provision and protection during the wet season. It is now over and the dry is here. The cyclone season is also finished and we got away with only a few warnings and one near miss. 


Flight Experience - I praise God that He has given me 1000+ hrs of flight time. I thank Him for safety and provision during this time.   


Bible study - I praise God that He has been at work in our Thursday night studies. They have been challenging and encouraging as we have studied 1 Thesalonians. God has really used this to speak to the group and it has been perfect for helping us all grow.

Finance -
With the exchange rate and a few other circumstances, my finance had dropped off from where it needed to be to keep me here. Praise God that at the same time he worked in the hearts of people back home and supplied my needs once again.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

So glad that you updated! Praying for you! Some days with way more urgency than others....I'm just assuming those are the bad weather days when you need that extra protection;)Glad to hear about your new family and the kids ministry!

Nevster said...

Thanks Wendy!

Anonymous said...

So good to see how God's working through you and in you! And to see so many answered prayers!
Glad to hear your learning the language - 120 words, hows that going? :D
You continue to be in my prayers, and its good cos you often crop up in conversations like "what do you want to do after your degree?".. im like well you know wycliffe..
such an inspiration! cant wait to keep reading this now 'regularly' updated blog! :P
God Bless!
Lydia