Tuesday 23 February 2010

Another milestone reached

The journey of a pilot is filled with many milestones. Who would forget their first solo flight, or the day when get your pilot's license. Or the professional feel when becoming a commercial pilot. Well the other week I stepped over another milestone and joined the ranks of those with more than 1000+ flight hours. I remember back to when God called me to aviation from a life in the telecommunications industry. I had many reasons why I felt I shouldn't leave a great job and all my friends & family, to follow a long and expensive road to become a missionary pilot. But if God calls us He also equips us and I can testify that we are at our happiest when we are following God's lead. With Him nothing is impossible and what we view as a mountain to climb is smaller than a mole hill in God's eyes.

I like to keep a log of accomplishments (see other milestones) to remember how far God has brought me, and looking back I am so grateful for the steadfast support of so many that God has used to encourage and enable me to follow His leading. I am so blessed to be right where God wants me and as much as I love to fly, what I really enjoy is sitting down and talking about God with the people I am here to serve. I thank God for all who have helped to bring me to this point and also for those who enable me to stay and serve here in Arnhem Land.

May our God richly bless you.


Some more pics of the last few months

Good spot to catch dinner (or was it the other way around). And yes, that's a croc trap I'm on .. safest place to be)

My local church at Yirrkala

Some of the church ladies getting training so that they can work with Wycliffe in Bible Translation 

Some of the wise men and shepherds before the youth nativety play on Christmas Eve

My friends daughter playing in the nativety set

Some of the local ant hills just of the runway. This one is around 15 ft tall.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Incredible! Such joy and peace being right in the center of HIS will!