Monday 4 August 2008

Something strange


Ok, so a bit of background. If all these MAF interviews go well then the next step will be for me to head out to Australia. I will initially be based at an airstrip in a remote out of the way town called Coldstream. Apparently it's the sort of place that most people won't have heard off, blink and you've missed it ... that type of town. Anyway, I was sitting having dinner at the Wycliffe centre in England and this Australian girl sits down. She wasn't even there for dinner, but was at a BBQ outside and it was too cold so came in. We got chatting and as she was from Australia we talked about Arnhem Land and the sort of places i could possibly be based. Not only did she know about Arnhem Land in the north but she used to live in that little tiny town of Coldstream where I would have to go for my license conversions! She still has lots of contacts there and can possible arrange some accommodation for me. That just blew me away, and felt like God saying, "stop worry about your exam results - I can cause someone from a tiny Australian town on the other side of the world to sit down beside you ... I AM IN CONTROL".

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Things that make you go hmmmmmm ;)

Anonymous said...

hey Nevin! i found your blog just now when browsing - it is wonderful to hear about the Australian girl - truly mindblowing! - take care - alison (julie's sister)

Nevster said...

Thanks Alison, its great to hear from you. Hope all is going well in Canada.